Thursday 18 February 2010

Martha's Meringue Cloud Cupcakes



I bought this months edition of Martha Stewart's Living Magazine solely because I wanted the full size photograph of this cloud cupcake to frame and put up in my kitchen. It's one of the prettiest cupcakes I've ever seen (although as Martha says its not really a cupcake, its a meringue, but anyways lets not quibble over semantics);

Light as air, this ethereal dessert takes the cupcake to new heights. In fact, there's no cake here at all: Meringue tinted pink is baked in the familiar cups, split, and filled with raspberry curd, berries, and creme fraiche. Serve them to all who love sweets, and be ready for raves.

You can find a recipe and watch a video of Martha making these (complete with gorgeous Kitchenaid mixers (hint hint I'd like the blue one please!)) on her website.

Thanks to MarthaStewart.com for use of the photographs.

4 comments:

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

hmm hmm these look delicious! I too would have not been able to pass the magazine by with these featured! I hope someone picks up on your Kitchenaid hint..I'm in love with mine (and I never thought it was possible to be in love with an appliance!!) and it makes baking a breeze!

Unknown said...

That looks gorgeous. Now why can't my brioche have looked like that.

Manny said...

They look so delicious. I'm sure they would taste and look just as good hand-whisked though ;)

I heart cupcakes said...

@Gem - he's not taking the hint at all but I plan to save up and get it myself! And I think I'll be the same - another person said their husband asked if she loves the Kitchenaid more than him as she's always looking at it dreamily..lol

@Sarah - I KNOW you're going to get the brioche right - even if it turns into a Mac-type saga (I'm sure it wont!)

@Manny - MEH- I'm sulking!