Tuesday 12 January 2010

Cupcakes for breakfast?




I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that even with a half spoon of vanilla sugar on it my Rude Health Top Banana porridge is way better nutritionally for me than new Cupcake Pebbles cereal from Post.

I was first alerted to the existence of cupcake cereal this morning while checking my Twitter in tweet from Cakespy. Of course I had to find out more and began Googling away. This is my favourite description from Popdose:

but oh my God, you guys, I wish the Web was scratch ‘n’ sniff, because words can’t describe the overpowering blast of cupcakeness that uncoils itself, panther-like, and lodges in your nostrils when you open a box of Cupcake Pebbles. It almost literally punches you in the face. If Betty Crocker and Mike Tyson decided to open a bakery together, I think they would aspire to the visceral scent-clubbing this cereal delivers — it’s so thick, by the time you tear open the bag, you feel like you’ve already eaten several bowls.

But don’t let that stop you from chowing down, because I’m here to tell you that if you’ve ever wished you could eat hundreds of tiny cupcakes in a bowl of cold milk, shoveling them madly into your mouth during the 35 seconds before they get soggy — and who hasn’t? — then Cupcake Pebbles is a dream come true.

Even though I love all things cupcake, I can't say I'm that convinced this cereal will taste good but I may have to ask Ann Arbor Dennis to pick me up a box when he's next grocery shopping just so I can be sure - and the front of the box will look cool in a frame in my kitchen! There is even a recipe on the box to bake your own giant Pebbles cupcake using the cereal, and it being America, a box of cake mix!

Thanks to Popdose for use of the photos and Cakespy (again) for the heads up!

8 comments:

Cakespy said...

You're welcome! The world needs to know about more of these awful/awesome things, right?

jefito said...

So glad you enjoyed our post!

Unknown said...

Sounds revolting at first but with that description I'm tempted.

I heart cupcakes said...

@Cakespy I just can't decide whether I want to eat them or not. Have asked my friend to bring me some when he comes over next month. The box is definitely going on my wall in a frame though!

@jefito it was great - loved your description!

@Sarah I can't decide either - I know they're going to be sweet and probably v.bad for me but so are coco pops and they're yum! for that matter so are cupcakes!

Manny said...

Hmm, I'm not sure about that cereal. I'd rather have a couple of your chocolate cupcakes for my breakfast :)

I heart cupcakes said...

@Manny - sorry I dispatched Dennis to the store today! I hope he finds them

Bob said...

Just bought a box. They smell amazing! Taste almost as good. Buying two more in case they are limited edition.

I heart cupcakes said...

Hi Bob - where did you get them? My friend in the States has looked in the local market and can't find them at all!
Glad you liked them - I'm v.jealous!