Monday 8 March 2010

Blooming lovely - Beet Rose cupcakes




I've eaten the Cookie Girl's cupcakes a couple of times and my favourite one is definitely the courgette cupcake I had over a year and a half ago.

I caught Xanthe Milton, aka the Cookie Girl on Market Kitchen last week - well when I say caught I deliberately watched as I follow Market Kitchen on Twitter and they'd mentioned that she would be on publicising her new book, Eat Me!, and baking Beet Rose cupcakes. I've been keen to try the cupcakes since I opted for the courgette and vanilla when I last visited over a year and a half ago so tuned in. The cakes looked fabulous and if you want to give them a try you can get the recipe here. I shall be trying them out in a couple of weeks - I have plans for my St Patrick's Guinness ones first.

I've added the book to my Wish List on Amazon but will hold off as I've already had a bit of a splurge on cookbooks in the last few weeks!

2 comments:

Manny said...

I remember trying the courgette cake and really enjoying it, much to my surprise! I'm not sure what a Beet Rose is but I'm sure the cake will be really tasty, I hope you'll give the recipe a try soon :)

I heart cupcakes said...

Sweetie - its a beetroot cupcake with frosting piped to look like a rose :) I actually thought it was going to have rosewater in it when I saw the name