Sunday 30 August 2009

Like your cupcakes spicy?


The featured "cook the book" on Serious Eats this week has been Bite Sized Desserts by Carole Bloom which is available on Amazon via the link above, in the UK from the 2nd Sept. It has so-so reviews on Amazon.com, but the bittersweet chocolate five spice cupcake recipe featured on Serious Eats sounds yum. For the full recipe click here

By the way, as much as I adore Serious Eats,  I don't particularly agree with their  description of my favourite baked good 

Sure, they might be a little passe and cliched but who's heart doesn't still flutter with a bit of happy childhood nostalgia when they think of cupcakes? 

Passe and cliched...pah! 

1 comment:

Manny said...

I don't remember having cupcakes as a child at all, only recently with you! I dont find them passe at all, what a load of rubbish!