Monday 9 February 2009

A fantastic gift....







I arrived at work last Tuesday after a wonderful "snow day" and found an email from Lola's in my in box - they were dismayed to read that I'd had a bad experience with their cupcake from Selfridges and wanted to send me a free box to show how great their cupcakes can be. Although never one to turn down a cupcake I replied and said it wasn't necessary to send me freebies as I was already aware they could be nice from Selfridges, however I'd just obviously got a bad one!

However on Wednesday my reception at work called me to tell me there was a "beautiful package" down there for me and lo and behold a huge be-ribboned box of gorgeous looking cupcakes were waiting for me! All 12 of them looked STUNNING and I shared some of them with some friends in the office and took some home and I have to say they were some of the tastiest cupcakes I've had - the base of all of them was moist (including the ones we saved for the next day), the flavours were really nice and the frosting was FANTASTIC!

Flavours we tried included carrot, chocolate, black and white, peanut butter and coconut. The pink ball covered one was one of the cutest cupcakes I've seen and Manny devoured all but one of the truffle-like balls himself...my chubby hubby indeed!

Thanks to Lola's for such a lovely gift - it was trully scrumptious! Oh and those I shared with in the office were definitely converted to cupcakes!

2 comments:

Kara said...

now that is what you call good cutomer service, it does pay to complain - even though I know you didn't and that was not your intention but maybe that will make Lola's make sure every cupcake is cupcaketastic.
My bro loves them so I think may eventually have to try one, maybe on my visit to London at the end of the month x

Anonymous said...

They were lovely indeed, mind you I had no complaints about my oreo one either, you must have just got unlucky that time!