Sunday 22 June 2008

Stuffing my Cakehole :)




After a hectic Saturday painting my kitchen a gorgeous shade of light blue I felt I deserved a treat so headed up to Columbia Road on one of the nicest days of the year so far. When I got to Cake Hole I was upset to see how busy it was so pootled off to Treacle instead and got a box of cupcakes - 4 for £7.50, with a mini one thrown in for my lunchtime treat! However as I was leaving the market I spotted the back entrance to Cake Hole and a free seat so I went in and ordered myself a cappuccino and a vanilla cupcake. I love how the lady behind the counter asked me if I had a specific colour choice of frosting!!!! A woman after my own heart - the colour of frosting makes a difference you know!!!

The cake was lovely - the bases are quite dense, but in a good way and their frosting is just the right amount of sweet and there's lots of it which I like!!!! It's a lovely little place and I really must remember to get Manny a slice of their cake next time as they look gorgeous, but with cupcakes this good how can I have anything else :) Cake Hole is a great incentive to get me out of my bed on a Sunday morning I have to say!!

I'm happy that Cake Hole still exists as I read with great disappointment today that their sister site at Borough Market, Shipps Tearooms, has been forced to shut down by Borough Market's Trustees - I was planning to eventually check it out this week so I'm sad to see it go. I hope they find somewhere else to trade from soon. London needs more cupcakes, not less!!!

No comments: