Thursday 11 June 2009

Fair Cake in the news


This weeks Look Magazine has an article about people who have turned their hobby into their living and includes Shikhita Singh who gave up her job in fund management to set up Fair Cake, recent winners of Londonist's cupcake throwdown.

The article also includes a few tips for anyone hoping to "get paid to make cake" including details of course run by Cakes 4 Fun on "starting your own cake business from home" which I may look into. I have been thinking for a while of trying to supplement my income with cupcakes but I'm not sure if there is any room in the market for another cupcake'r.

Shikhita is definitely proof that people can make a living doing something they love!

1 comment:

Manny said...

I think you should go for it. Your cakes rule and it seems to be an expanding market, there's definately room for Anne's bakery :)