Tuesday 20 January 2009

Obama cupcakes...yes we can!



Today's inauguration of Obama as the US President was the perfect excuse for my first cupcake of 2009 so I decided to break my cupcake fast at Hummingbird Bakery in South Kensington.

As well as two special inauguration cupcakes (vanilla with vanilla frosting), I got a red velvet and today's special flavour, green tea for us to share!

The cupcakes were all really nice, the red velvet my favourite as usual (Hummingbird make one of the best red velvets!). The green tea was tasty - although I felt the cake was a bit dry, the frosting was really yummy! I'm sure the health properties of the green tea cupcake evened out any calories/fat in the other ones as green tea is full of healthy stuff allegedly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for bringing the cakes home, so tasty :) I agree about the Red Velvet, Hummingbird's rule!

Kara said...

What a great excuse to have a cupcake, oh red velvets are my fave too, I had a lovely red velvet cupcake in the states on my last visit.