Saturday 10 January 2009

Elvis cupcakes




January 8th would've been Elvis' 74th birthday and a few cupcake stores dedicated some special cupcakes to him on the day!

Crumbs Bake Shop paid tribute to Elvis with a cupcake best described as "a banana flavored yellow cake filled with banana cream topped with a swirl of banana butter cream and peanut butter frosting." This cupcake was only available at the NYC Crumbs stores, but select NY stores will carry the Elvis until the end of the month.

Sprinkles Cupcakes offered up a limited edition banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting and topped with a gold star named "The King." The limited edition cupcake was only available on January 8th at the Beverly Hills store.

I've had a couple of peanut butter cupcakes and although I ADORE peanut butter I've never been very keen on peanut butter cupcakes -they always just seem a little dry. I like the sound of the crumbs banana butter cream and peanut butter frosting though! Mind you I've not had a cupcake since BEFORE Christmas so right now I'd probably eat ANY cupcake!!!

No comments: