Wednesday 4 November 2009

Christmas Pudding Cupcake


Today was the first day of the run up to Christmas proper as the Starbucks red cups were launched!

My afternoon at work was a bit blah so I popped over to get a coffee and spotted a new addition to their cakes range - well two actually - a black forest cupcake and a Christmas pudding cupcake. I had the black forest one last year so opted for the Christmas pudding one. The base was really moist and fruity and the frosting was nice but a little sweet - I managed to eat it all though which I haven't always managed lately with other cupcakes. Recommended.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I want to try one of these but we don't have Starbucks in Walthamstow. It will have to wait until my next trip to Lakeside or Bluewater and I'll probably end up having a steamed milk with gingerbread syrup while I'm at it.

Emma Cossey said...

Oh wow! This is the only time of the year I go to Starbucks and I'm going to make a point of visiting if they have a Christmas pudding cupcake!

Love the blog :)

Kristy said...

I very nearly had one of those yesterday - might pop back today!

I love it when the red cups come out, Gingerbread Latte is my favourite :o)

Manny said...

I like the sound of that, we'll have to go together sometime and get one each :)

I heart cupcakes said...

I was in there today for a hot drink and resisted having another one :) Hope you like them when you have one - my friend keeps recommending that gingerbread latte thing but I'm not so sure.

I heart cupcakes said...

@Manny - they are doing a dark cherry mocha for Christmas - sounds like you'd like it! I bet it wont be as nice as the Mocha at Nordic Bakery though - that was yummy

I heart cupcakes said...

@Kristy - ah another gingerbread latte fan. It sounds very sweet to me for some reason - I'll have to give it a go!

I love the red cups too - they're comforting and make me feel festive! Like the coca cola Santa advert - every year a HUGE one covers the Elephant and Castle shopping centre and I feel a little bit happier and forget its a crime ridden ghetto :)

I heart cupcakes said...

Thanks Em -now you mention it I tend to only go when the red cups come out! Hope you like the Christmas pudding cupcake - the black forest one was good last year too :)