Wednesday 20 April 2011

An-Tea Establishment


As mentioned in the last post I'm not that fussed about the Royal Wedding but I do like cake, and punk. Which means I really want to go to the An-Tea Establishment afternoon tea at the Met bar. It looks right up my street, I love rhubarb and custard cupcakes! And macaroons. And roly poly.

Savoury dishes include ‘quiche a la fergie’, breadless cucumber sandwiches, prawn cocktails and a warm Wensleydale cheese & pickle muffin. For those with a sweet tooth, ‘strawberries & cream’ macaroons, rhubarb & custard cupcakes, organic compote roly-poly and many more all feature on our delicious hand-made menu.


Available for a limited period between 22nd April - 8th May, 3-6pm. Price £27 + service charge (12.5%) per person. All reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.

Anyone want to come with me, doubt Manny will fancy it. You can have my prawns (I'm allergic)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about this and think it sounds brilliant. My mum was an original punk, gigantic mohawk and everything, she would love this. x

pinklittlebean said...

This looks like my kinda afternoon tea! Wish I lived nearer!! :)

Manny said...

£27?? That's not a very punk price! The cakes do look rather excellent though :)

Unknown said...

I'll go for tea with you any weekend :)

Katie said...

Wow how cool. Looks tasty and exciting whatever your view on the wedding. You can't beat a spot of afternoon indulgance :)

Abbie said...

Sounds great! and incredibly delicious :)

Wee Tait said...

afternoon tea,does it even still exist? I could go a wee scone and a cuppa =p