Friday 30 December 2011

Christmas Presence - Nutella for everyone


Sarah aka Maison Cupcake has announced that Christmas Presence will be the last Forever Nigella in its current format so I had to post an entry. Luckily I'd already made something suitable as a Christmas gift for my lovely friend Kirsty. 


The Nutella Cheesecake recipe comes from Stylist magazine which Nigella recently guest edited. The cover was the talk of the town and the magazine featured other exclusive recipes including bacon brownies which I also made - I didn't eat any but Manny said they were tasty. I just can't get my head around bacon and chocolate. 


As well as the giant cheesecake the recipe was big enough to make a couple of mini ones for myself and Manny (I knew all those Gu glass pots I insist on keeping would come in handy) so we could taste test it just incase.  I can report that it was delicious, so much so that I had to stop Manny from sneaking Nigella style into the fridge late at night in his silk* robe to steal a huge slice!

This was so good I'm hoping to make another for our New Years eve dinner- complete with edible glitter of course! 

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for reading!

*Manny doesn't really own a silk robe although he wants a red one with dragons on after watching too many bad Kung Fu movies -I've threatened divorce should he ever buy one

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks totally delicious! Love Sam x

MissCakeBaker said...

This looks so so good! Im glad I'm not the only Gu pot hoarder!

Baking Addict said...

This looks amazing. I keep seeing cheesecake everywhere for new year. Ive got a stack of Gu pots myself. Will definitely give this a try. Happy New Year!

Manny said...

It was really hard to stop myself nicking a slice of the big cake,it was seriously delicious :)

And I would ROCK that dressing gown!!

Unknown said...

I'm ashamed how long it's taken me to get round and take a peek at this, I've really been missing out on stuff whilst away from the desk!

This looks awesome, would you believe I've never made a cheesecake in my life, I reckon 2012 has to be the year when I do.

Happy New Year xx