Monday 11 October 2010

Cupcakes in a jar

Today's Daily Candy gave us 10 (rather flimsy) reasons why we should eat G Deserts lovely cupcakes in a jar. Just looking at them is enough to encourage me to give them a go!

Cupcakes currently come in six flavours (with more including champagne and fruit cake coming soon - perfect for Christmas I'd say) and two sizes - regular and tester sizes.

I love the look of the red velvet


Oooooh, and the vanilla


well all of them really - they just look really delicious, and very, very cute.


I have emailed G Deserts and hope to pick up a couple to try in the next week or so, so will update you on if they taste as good as they look! If you aren't lucky enough to live in South East London to pick some up, then you can order online, in multiples of 2 per flavour, and the postage charges are very reasonable.

If you fancy making your own cupcakes in a jar (perfect little gifts for Christmas) then check out this blog post from Cakies. Aren't they adorable?


Thanks to G Deserts and Cakies for use of their stunning photographs!

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like this before, the cakes look adorable in their own little jar!

Made With Pink said...

I love making cupcakes in jars! They've been quite popular over in
North America for a few years now. Perfect for mail orders! I've made them for 2 years in a row now, and gave them out as Christmas gifts. I've been planning on posting them on my blog at Christmas for a while now, so thought it was total coincidence when I saw them on CTTC. Let us know how they taste once you get them!! Those ones look super cute!

Manny said...

Those look great. Glad to hear we'll be getting some soon, I do hope one of them is chocolate :)

I heart cupcakes said...

Abbie - aren't they gorgeous! I'm going to hobby craft on Sat so will see if there are any suitable jars to try it myself.

MWP - it's such a lovely idea. I'd seen it before (think I blogged it a couple of years ago when I saw Fat Daddy ones on CTTC) but never in the UK. They're so nice for gifts/wedding favours. I shall post a review once I get my hands on some I promise

Manny - I suppose we can get chocolate - was thinking red velvet and vanilla but obv I don't want to deprive you ;)

Manny said...

Red velvet and vanilla is fine with me too hun :)

Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com said...

I've just spotted this post. At first I thought it was ingredients in a jar - I didn't twig it was real cake

Cute idea that would look gorgeous in a Christmas hamper